Image Map

Wednesday 19 June 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird


I think it is safe to say that Atticus Finch is one of my favourite literary characters ever to exist. Scout and Jem are excellent characters as well. It’s a pity Harper Lee never wrote anything more.

My nomadic lifestyle meant that I missed out on a lot of typical middle/high school reads, this being one of them. Coming home this summer I decided it was time to get off my butt (or rather sit down) and read all of the classics waiting on my mother’s bookshelf. To Kill a Mockingbird was one of those long awaited reads.

I have to say that it isn’t my favourite novel of all time but it was definitely worth the read. Lee’s commentary on racism and inequality is obvious but not glaring or offensive in any way. It’s the perfect representation of how she thinks man should act towards his fellow men, regardless of where they come from or what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment