Image Map

Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Name is Asher Lev


My Name is Asher Lev was beautiful.

I was required to read this novel for my creative writing class in my first year at university. I had never heard of it before, or the author, and my professor was an interesting character so I was a little worried when ordering it on Amazon.

When I finally got it in the mail, I left it on my bed and one of friends saw it. She quickly exclaimed that it was one of the best books she had ever read. So a little curious I began to read it.

Being a bookeater and a total art nerd, I fell in love with the Potok’s novel quickly. He beautifully explained the clash between cultures, and the struggle of doing what you love versus becoming who your parents expect you to be without writing it like the cliché discovering who you are self-help book.



I definitely recommend this novel to anyone who’s looking for stunningly good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment