Image Map

Saturday 22 June 2013

Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So much potential but disappointing.



The concept was great, however, when I finished the book it felt like I had read only the first chapter. The story had only just begun. I wanted to read more but I don’t want to have to go out and buy the next six books. It seems like a waste of trees. If the first book had continued on into the second and third books, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more because the story would feel a lot more complete. As it is, it’s just too short. Unfinished.



On the back it says, “An ALA Best Book for Young Adults,” but if I gave this book to one of my peers they would hunt me down like a shadow child on the run from the population police. It felt more like a TV episode than a novel. Maybe, that’s the problem, it’s being considered a Young Adult novel and I think this is more something I would give to kid as his first chapter book.

I might read the next one but only because I’m curious as to how Haddix fixes it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment