Image Map

Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of OzThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I actually didn’t enjoy this one as much as I thought I would.

Usually I can read children’s books and be quite satisfied once I’m finished but this one just didn’t do it for me. The character’s goals were all noble but they all narrated every single step they made, Dorothy was too much of an annoying little girl, and there wasn’t as much literary depth as I wanted the book to have.

I thought it was decent and I understand that is supposed to be children’s fiction but if people rewrote books the same way we remake movies, this would be one of the rare few books I would like to see rewritten.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment