Image Map

Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Turn of the Screw

The Turn Of The ScrewThe Turn Of The Screw by Henry James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this one long to read but I’m glad I read it. Tricky thing is that when it was written people typically used that kind of vocabulary. So even though it wasn’t the author’s intent, it’s interesting to use the novel as an example of how quickly the English language changes and develops.



I enjoy horror novels so, in general, I liked it. I’m not recommending it but I’m not not recommending it either. It’s one of those books that you just have to want to read. It’s a must read if you claim to be a horror fan but it’s not crucial to the atypical reader’s literary vocabulary.

Henry James
The Turn of the Screw
Collins Classics, this edition published 2011
180pp. $1.41
9780007420285

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment