Image Map

Sunday 4 August 2013

Branded with Repetition

Branded (Fall of Angels #1)Branded by Keary Taylor
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Jessica is branded. Branded with the condemnation, whether that be good or bad, of others.

The story, unfortunately, follows the tracks of Twilight and the fad of paranormal romance that is currently sweeping the world of middle schoolers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Twilight the first time I read it. However, since its release every potentially intriguing novel I pick up fails me time and time again with their poorly photoshopped covers and Edward-Bella-Jacob love triangle. And this one simply followed suit. I want to label the novel as fantasy but it has literally become its own genre of 'paranormal romance' which I have decided that I don't like reading. I mean, come on, he just shows up at her house and then they develop a relationship almost a day later.

Despite this, it was a fast read and it did keep me occupied on an eight hour plane flight. If you do decide to read it, follow my example and download it free for your kindle off Amazon. Frankly, I just don't think it's worth the money as it is just a one time read novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment